(Frequently Asked Questions)
1. “Professional organizers use tested principles and expertise to enhance the lives of clients. By designing custom organizing systems and teaching organizing skills, they help individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper piles, their lives!”
2. “An organizer’s services can range from designing an efficient closet to organizing a cross-country move. For homeowners, he or she might offer room-by-room space planning and reorganization, estate organization, improved management of paperwork and computer files, systems for managing personal finances and other records, and/or coaching in time-management and goal-setting.”
3. “In business settings, an organizing pro can increase productivity and profitability with improvements in paper-filing and storage, electronic organizing, work-flow systems, employee time-management, space design, and more.”
• I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
• I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
• When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
• I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately.
• I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
• I will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
• I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
• I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver, and the responsibility I accept.
• I will make recommendations for products and services with my client’s best interests in mind.
• I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable and cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
• I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
• I will act and speak on a high professional level so as to not bring discredit to the organizing profession.